Medical Equipment Library and Creative Living Center
Serving Alternative Housing Needs
Welcome to the Delaware Creative Housing Inc. Renter's Assistance Program. We work with our customers to find apartments that meet their needs and that they can call home.
This Delaware Creative Housing Inc. Program will assist individuals in locating apartments that meet their needs. Delaware Creative Housing working together with the Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities can provide a subsidy directly to a landlord.
1. Decide if you want and need to have roommates.
2. Select an apartment.
3. Select providers to assist you.
4. Make application for short term subsidy with DCBDD and long term assistance from Housing and Urban Development.
5. Sign lease agreement with landlord and with DCH for housing subsidy.
6. Pay your rent each month according to your lease.
7. Pay all utility bills not included in your lease.
8. Follow all rules included in your lease.
9. Respect your neighbor's privacy and be a good neighbor.
10. Take good care of your apartment.